Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

All the Colors of the Rainbow

Will is learning his colors. It's going pretty well, and he definitely knows the difference between the colors. He will tell me that his cup is "geen" or ask for a pink fork at dinner. Sometimes he'll spend time with his toys or books pointing out the different colors that he sees (correctly).

But Will's most favorite, absolute ideal color is yellow. Or as he likes to say it, "Lell-o."Will wants EVERYTHING to be yellow and is undeterred when you tell him something is a different color. Anytime he sees a bus, he says "Bus. Lell-o bus." When I tell him "no, that bus is white," he might repeat after me and say "white," but will immediately follow with "Lell-o." He tells me things are yellow even when he's already named it correctly and I've made a big deal about him being right. The other morning, as I put on a purple fleece vest, Will looked at it and said "pur-ple". I praised him for getting it right, went on and on about how "YES, it is a purple vest", good job, etc. etc. As soon as I quit talking, Will looked right at me and said "Lell-o."

My thinking is that "lell-o" is just more fun to say than the other colors. So, if you have anything yellow lying around, send it our way. I'm always looking for opportunities where he can actually be right when he tells me it's "lell-o."

No comments: