Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

Last weekend, I was trying to get Will to take a nap while we were at Hulie and Bubs' house for Easter. Often I think that if I could just get him to lie still and close his eyes, he would probably fall asleep. So, I was telling him to close his eyes and think of some of his favorite things, like Christmas.

"No, Mama, I'm not going to think about Christmas. I'm going to think about monsters! And, well, Christmas too. And when I come to Hulie and Bubs' house to spend the night. And when Coco and Pop Pop come to our house. Those are the things I'm going to think about."

I love the window into his thoughts on his favorite things!
*********************************************

On a similar note, I've been meaning to post about Will's bedfellows. He went through a phase where he slept with random toys, like a matchbox firetruck and a hard plastic turtle. Somehow we have gotten past that, but there are now seven (at last count) specific animals that sleep with him each night, and they must be lined up in their correct positions, and the covers must "cover their necks." We've got some pretty strict guidelines around here. It seems that I never get the animals in their right spots, but the other night, I did for once, and Will was so excited. "MAMA! You did it! You got the animals right! Yay, Mama!" So, in case you're ever at our house and need an animal guide, this is the way I believe they are supposed to be laid out (from left to right if you're looking at the bed): Mousey, Tucker (aka black dog), Giraffe, Will on random Rudolph pillow and snuggling with Super Monkey, Super Giraffe, Dinosaur, and Gorilla. Take notes. There will be a test on this later.

No comments: