Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Word of the Weekend

W is for weekend. And W is for whiny. Coincidence? I think not.

The word of the weekend was whiny, for everyone at our house. The days were overcast, and we kept thinking it was going to rain. This meant lots of inside play and not enough energy being expended. And, I don't know about your children, but my children are only occupied by an activity for about 17 seconds, so we run out of fun, creative options pretty quickly. I truly don't know how stay-at-home moms keep their kids entertained (or at least pacified) all day long.

In addition, Will has basically given up his weekend naps, although he will still take a nap at school. Julia is on a kick where it takes her two hours of talking, whining, screaming, crying, etc before she falls asleep for her naps (I am not exaggerating, and nothing we do seems to help this process along). So, this means we spend at least 4 hours a day in the house trying to get her to nap, and then waiting while she takes a nap...it is not.an.option. for her to skip her nap.

We did have a family from Will's class over Friday night, which was a lot of fun. And Saturday night was our standard "order food and catch up on TiVo night," which I always need and enjoy. But otherwise, it was just a 'blah' weekend...both inside and outside the house. Since we have so little time to spend with the kiddos, I hate when it's not enjoyable. I really tried to focus on the little things that were fun or sweet, but for much of the time, the whining took over my brain. It has that effect on people.

No comments: