Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Nay-noo

Hulie taught Will how to say "thank you," and it is really adorable. Of course, in Will-speak, it comes out more like "Nay-noo". He's even learned how to say it in context, although I think he thinks you say it whenever you exchange items. If I give him his juice: "Nay-noo." If he comes over and gives me a leaf: "Nay-noo." It doesn't seem to matter if he is the giver or the receiver: "Nay-noo."

I love it that he's learned this, even if it's not perfected. It seems like such a "big kid" thing to be able to say "thank you". I'm amazed by this accomplishment because "thank you" is a concept, not something concrete. It doesn't surprise me that he can learn to say "leaf" because I can point to a leaf, show him what it means, and then he can mimic what I'm saying. But, "thank you"? How does his brain learn what that means and when to say it? I'm so impressed that he has developed this skill at 15 months when there seem to be lots of adults who haven't mastered the concept!

No comments: