Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

And now I am a Real Mother

Forget breastfeeding and the countless sleepless nights. Never-mind keeping him fed and teaching him new things. As of Thursday, I have passed the true test of Motherhood: car vomit.

Will was acting a bit puny all morning, but didn't have any specific symptoms, so we headed off to school. As I parked the car in the school parking lot, I heard him make a little whimper. I turned around in time to see him throw up...everywhere. Poor thing. It obviously scared him, and of course, I had NOTHING to use for clean up. The daycare gave me a few things they had, and I stripped him down and cleaned up the best I could. Needless to say, we turned around and went home, and Will did not go to school that day. He seemed to feel better after he threw up, but he had a true "sick day" and watched movies on the couch for most of the day. Unfortunately, my car didn't fare as well. The smell lingered for a while, but a recommendation to put cut lemons in the car to absorb the smell has seemed to work pretty well (in case any of my readers encounter this same problem at some point in your lives).

Zach and I were struck by the bug Saturday night and Sunday, but we seemed to feel much worse than Will had (or maybe we're just bigger wimps). Luckily, my parents picked up Will on Sunday morning and kept him for the day. I'm not sure how we would have managed that without them. We are now all on the mend, hopefully putting the stomach bug behind us for a long while!

No comments: