Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday Will-isms

Lately, Will has been very concerned with unconditional love. Of course, he doesn't use that phrase, but he wants constant reassurance that we love him no matter what, and he wants us to know that he always loves us, too. I'm not sure where this came from...the only thing I can think of is that, one day when he was in trouble, I told him, "I love you very much, but you need to go to your room right now to calm down." I guess he was able to put together that I still loved him even when he was in trouble.

So, the other day, Will was whining or doing something he wasn't supposed to do, and Zach told him to stop.

"Daddy, do you always love me even if I'm whining."
"Yes, Will, I always love you. I just want you to stop whining."
"Do you love me even if you get angry and frustrated?"
"Yes, Will."
"Daddy, say it a lot of times so you don't forget."

If you're looking for me, I'll be picking up my heart off of the floor.

No comments: