Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Firsts, continued

Will has had so many "firsts" lately, all of which I want to post about. I want to remember all of the details so that I can bore him with them when he's thirteen. Sadly, I don't have time for tons of details right now, so a few snippets will have to suffice until I can write more and maybe even post some pictures.
  • First trip to the zoo: We took Will on his first trip a few weeks ago, on September 16th. He loved it! This weekend, we went back, despite the 90+ degree weather IN OCTOBER. On this second trip, he got to ride the carousel! I'm not sure he knew what to make of it...he didn't like the carousel as much as I had expected he would. Maybe next time we'll do the train.
  • First trip to the beach: This is one that I REALLY want to write more about and post some pictures. We went to Navarre, FL over the weekend of September 28th with four other (childless) couples. Note the way I put "childless" in parentheses as if it's not that big of a deal. Ha! Actually, they were all good sports about it, and Will really liked the beach. He didn't even eat any sand.
  • First pair of shoes: I've actually written a post about this one!
  • First haircut, and correspondingly, first lollipop: On Saturday (October 6th), Will got his first haircut. He sat on my lap and seemed pretty interested in the whole process. To keep him still, the woman offered him a DumDum lollipop. He knew exactly what to do with it...and, I don't know why this surprises me. He looks adorable with his "big boy" haircut (the side curls are gone, but the curliness in general comes back with humidity) and new shoes. He is definitely a true toddler now.

No comments: