Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Where is Baby's Belly Button?

Will is obsessed. With his belly button. And with belly buttons in general. It all started with the book Where is Baby's Belly Button?, which is a really adorable, lift-the-flap (or in some cases, tear-off-the-flap) book. As you might guess, one page asks the question about where the belly button is, and then you lift up the baby's shirt to see it. Will quickly learned this trick for himself:



Now, if Will happens to hear the words "belly" or "belly button," he immediately points to his stomach. If he is wearing something that allows him to lift up his shirt to show you the actual belly button, he will definitely do that. When we're changing him and re-snapping his onesie or romper, he often cries when we re-cover his belly button, and he can't get to it anymore. At random times, he will point to MY stomach, demanding that I pull up my shirt to show him my own belly button, and if I don't comply, he may come over and pull up my shirt himself. (I kindly take this as an opportunity to let him know that he is what made mommy's belly so flabby.) He has also accosted Zach and my mom...insisting on seeing their belly buttons.

So, like I said, he's obsessed. We're hoping that he will eventually expand his repertoire, learning more body parts. We are on our way: last night he pointed to his nose when I asked "where is Will's nose?". Of course, when Zach asked him the same question, he did earmuffs. One step forward, two steps back.

No comments: