Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day of School

Today was Julia's first real day at daycare, and my first day back to work. All day I have just been SAD. I miss having her with me all the time. I hate pumping, instead of just nursing her. I worry about her napping at daycare and if she's getting enough attention. I wonder if working is worth it.

I wish this were a clear-cut decision; I wish I had a specific goal that I wanted to work toward, such as "quit working by 2010." But, unfortunately it's not so cut-and-dried. In fact, even though I miss the kids all day, I'm not positive I want to stay at home with both of them full time. I'm very conflicted in what I want, which is worse than just not having what you want. Logically, it makes sense for me to keep working. But emotionally, I'm not sure I can do it. Only time will tell. It's only the first day, so I'll have to give it some time and see how it goes. I just wish it were easier all around.

Heading to her first day of school. She looks about as excited as I feel.

No comments: