Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Milestones

Whew. December wore me out, and I wasn't even working. Between all of the Christmas activities (ZooLight! Visiting Santa! Church! Parties!), Will hit some "milestones" that I wanted to report on. Now, these might not be the typical baby-book milestones that you traditionally think of, but they were important to us:

First of all, he's starting to learn to use the potty. They've been working with him at school, and he's been somewhat successful so far. I don't think he really understands the idea of letting us know BEFORE he needs to go, but we're getting there. He is at least interested and willing to try the potty. The first day that he successfully went at school, I picked him up, and his teacher told me what he had done. I, of course, made a big deal about it and went on and on about what a big boy he was. This is when he told me, "Mama, I a big boy now. I go in the attic." The only thing I can figure about this connection is that we must have told him that he could go in the attic when he got bigger. So, he seemed to think that going to the potty indicated he was now big, and thus could go in the attic. Sadly for him, this is not the case.

During December, Will also attended his first movie in the theater! He loves Madagascar, so Zach took him to see Madagascar 2. He did really well...i.e., they were able to stay for the whole movie. I think he was bribed with suckers and popcorn, and he wanted to sit on the stairs, stand up, sit in Zach's lap, etc., but overall, it went well. It went so well that Hulie decided to take him to the Alabama Theater a few weeks later to see some Christmas movies. They were able to stay for all three movies: Rudolph, Frosty, and the Grinch. Will still talks about his trips to the "movie pee-a-ter".

We also recently discovered that Will has learned how to successfully pedal his big wheel. Unfortunately, he hasn't had much chance to show off this skill because it's been pretty cold and/or rainy, but he's definitely getting the hang of it.

The other day, my dad summed up Will the best when he said, "Did he just skip from age 2 to age 5?" We are constantly amazed at all he knows and all he can do. Of course, most of it is normal two-year-old stuff, but it is still lots of fun to see him accomplishing all of these new tasks.

No comments: