Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend reminded me why I love being a parent, and also, why I love springtime. We had the most beautiful weather all weekend, and it's amazing how much the weather affects all of our moods. Zach's parents were in town for Julia's baptism (more on that in a minute), and with the nice weather, we were outside almost all weekend. It makes such a difference to not be cooped up in our house...especially with two extra people. We played in the back yard, we went to the park (where Will worked on flying the kite he got at Coleman's birthday party), we sat on my parents' patio. In short, we just enjoyed the days and each other. Julia rolled around on a blanket while Will played golf, soccer, and "chase". Unfortunately, he decided that Mama was a better "chaser" than Daddy, which meant a lot more work and exercise for me! Not sure where he got the idea that Mama actually runs ever.

Sunday morning was just as beautiful as the rest of the weekend, and we went to church for Julia's baptism. She was a vision in the same Christening gown that Will wore--one that has been in Zach's family since 1898. And, if I do say so myself, Will was ADORABLE in the outfit I smocked for him and his "fancy" shoes (which is the way he's been referring to his saddle oxfords since we got them). However, the church service fell right near nap and eating time for Julia, so she fussed a little bit during the actual baptism. Another baby was being baptized at the same time, and they kept trading cries...first Julia, then Harrison. It was actually quite amusing. Will was an excellent big brother, and did a great job, with no outbursts or talking (!) during the service. I was very proud of how he behaved and felt very blessed to have two wonderful children. It was a special day that culminated in a lunch with family and friends at my parents' house.


I think it says something about how I feel about the weekend (perfect! just perfect!) when I tell you that during all of this, I had a terrible cough and Zach had a throw-up bug! Everything else was so great that it's easy for me to gloss over those "minor" issues. But, I did feel so bad for Zach...he really felt terrible all day on Sunday and just laid on the couch and didn't even eat lunch. Luckily, he was able to keep the throwing up at bay during church, but I wish he had been able to relax and enjoy himself more. Oh well...I guess it's always something!
Zach and Julia making the same face. Excited!

No comments: