Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday Will-isms

Oh boy, we've had some doozies this week. Let's get started with the most incriminating one first:

The other morning, I foolishly took both children to the grocery store by myself (yes, I know plenty of people do this all the time. I also know that if they didn't have to, they certainly wouldn't.) Anyway, while we're in the store, we see a tall, thin, black man walk in. Will sees the man and exclaims, "Look Mama! It's Tiger Woods!" Fortunately, he didn't use his typical scream-at-the-top-of-my-lungs voice, so I don't think anyone else heard him. It seems we need to expose ourselves to a bit more diverse population.

***********************************
On Sunday morning (before we went to the grocery store), Will woke up very early, was still extremely cranky, but didn't want to go back to bed. Well, I was having none of it and made him lie in the bed for a little while (and I laid down with him). He was pitching a fit and complaining loudly the whole time...generally not pleased with the situation. While we're lying there, I try to explain to him that we need to be quiet and let Daddy sleep because it's Father's Day.
"Do you know what Father's Day is?"
"What?"
"Well, it's a day where we need to be really nice to daddies and grandfathers, like Bubs."

Will thinks about this, looks at me and scowls, and says, "But not to Mommies, like you."

***********************************
The other night we were out to dinner, and I ordered a beer. Will saw me drinking it and said, "Girls don't drink beer!"
"Well, sometimes grown-up girls drink beer."
"No, beer is not for girls, Mama."
"Oh really? What do girls drink?"
"Girls like to drink limeade. Limeade is good for girls."

No comments: