Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

May

Since it's almost the end of June, I thought it would be the perfect time to post about what we did in May. Because, boy, May was busy.

So, the first weekend in May, we took Will to the aquarium in Atlanta. But, I already told you about that. The rest of the weekend, we saw some friends, played in the car, and splashed in puddles. Pretty eventful.

The second weekend in May was Mother's Day, and Zach surprised me with a trip to Ross Bridge. Initially, he was just going to send me there for Saturday night to relax by myself, but then my mom offered to keep the kids, so he got to come too! I went out early and had a massage and a facial, then he met me once the kids were in bed. The next morning, my parents brought the kids out, we all had brunch together, and then Zach and I took Will to the super-cool pool. Sunday afternoon was rainy, rainy, so we just tried to keep the kids occupied. We capped the day off with a trip to Salsaritas for a Mother's Day dinner. Here is my favorite picture:


It was such a nice Mother's Day! After all of that celebrating, we still had more celebrating to do, because our seventh anniversary was on Monday. Nothing is open on Monday night, but we went to Hot and Hot on Tuesday for a nice dinner and some tomato salad. Even though it was our anniversary, Zach wouldn't share the tomato salad--I had to get my own. Some things never change, but of course, lots of things do. We had fun talking about how different our lives are now than when we got married at the ripe old age of 24! We wouldn't trade it for the world (at least most days).

The next weekend in May was so busy that we had to divide and conquer. The day after our lovely dinner, the boys deserted me! Zach and Will headed to Charlottesville on Wednesday and didn't come back until Sunday morning...4 nights without my men! Carol received a big award at UVA's valediction, so they went up for that. Zach did some work around Virginia on Thursday and Friday, and Will got to stay and play with his grandparents. It really worked out well for everyone. Meanwhile, back at home, Julia and I were celebrating my sister's graduation from Med school! We had lots of family in town for the big event--my grandparents even made the trek. And, there's really no better way to celebrate than to eat a lot, so that's what we did. We were all SO proud of Melanie and her accomplishments. I only wish that the two events had been on different weekends so that Zach and I could have been a part of both. Alas, you can't do it all.

After the boys returned, we were home for a few days. Then, since we hadn't been busy enough, Zach and I decided to go out of town for the fourth weekend. One of Zach's fraternity brothers got married in Linville, NC, so we drove up for the wedding. My parents graciously agreed to keep the children, which was particularly nice since it was terrible weather the whole time we were gone. This was the first time I had left Julia for more than a night, but we all did well. I have to admit that it was nice to have a break! I forgot how much I love sleeping.

Finally, May was almost over, and to cap off the month, we headed to the beach for a week! Of course, that's a whole other post for another time. Whew!

No comments: