Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's a GIRL!

OK, I know that I suck for not posting sooner. And I know that most (if not all) readers already know this news, but I thought I should share. The Internet was right: WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!! I am very excited and have already been purchasing lots of pink things. I'm very excited to have "one of each"...to know what it's like to raise a girl and see the differences between the sexes (of course, I know that even if the children were both boys or were even twins, there would still be vast differences). Anyway, I'm thrilled, and I think Zach is too. Although, he seems a bit nervous about what to do with a girl (probably similar to the way I felt about having a boy) and very worried about her having him wrapped around her little finger (which she totally will).

Despite my excitement about a girl, I also can't help but feel twinges of sadness...this is quite possibly (ok, probably) our last baby. So, I feel a bit sad when looking at the baby boy clothes in stores, when going through Will's things to see what a girl could use, and knowing that Will will (likely) not have a brother (and baby girl will probably not have a sister). But, reagardless of all of these feelings, I hope and pray--and honestly believe--that the family we will have will be our version of perfect. I can't wait to meet this new baby and introduce her to the craziness that is our--and her--family.

No comments: