Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Vignettes

I've had several moments with Will lately that I don't want to forget, but they don't warrant an entire post. So, here they are:

***************************************

The other day we are waiting at a traffic light, and Will is particularly antsy to get out of his seat. He sees the light turn green, but I hesitate for a moment before I start going (maybe because there are other cars in front of me!) Will immediately declares: "Geen! Go!" Well, okay then. I guess that's what I get for teaching him what the colors on the lights mean.

***************************************
We were watching the Today Show the other morning, on a day where Zach was out of town. Matt Lauer comes on, a bit unshaven and wearing sunglasses (he was doing some travel segment). Will looks at the screen, points, and yells, "DADDY!!" I'm sure he meant it as a compliment.

***************************************
The dad of one of the kids in Will's class often says "Ciao baby" when he drops his daughter off at school. Apparently, Will has been paying attention, and has made this one of his new sayings. When he's saying goodbye to someone, he might use the standard "Bye-bye," but he might employ his new phrase: "Ciao babies." (not sure why it's plural) Or, a third option: The other day at the park, I said "See you later." He yelled back, "SEE YOU LAT-UH!!!"

***************************************
Will is obsessed with trucks in general, but he particularly likes garbage trucks. He has a book that has a picture of a garbage truck, and I thought he was going to pass out from excitement when we read it the other night. "Bar-bage tuck. Bar-bage tuck!! TASH UP! Mama, tash up!" For you lay people who don't speak toddler, this means, "The garbarge truck picks up the trash, and I'm REALLY excited about that fact." Even after we closed the book and turned off the light, Will kept muttering, "Tash up. Barbage tuck. Tash up."

No comments: