Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Eight (and a half) Months!


I took her picture on the right date, but I never actually posted about it. I was just reading what I wrote for Julia's seven month post, and it's amazing how so many of the things I wrote about then seem to be the opposite now. So, let me start off by telling you what Julia is NOT doing at eight (and a half) months old:
  • She is NOT sleeping for 12 hours at a time like I'd like her to be. Granted, she's gotten much better and now usually wakes up between four and five. So, I guess I can't really complain when she's sleeping nine or ten hour stretches, but I'd like to drop that wake up.
  • She does NOT have any teeth. I'm surprised by this, because I've thought she was teething for months. Of course, when she starts really teething, I'm sure the sleeping will get worse than it is now. Not sure what to do about that...
  • She is NOT babbling as much as she was a month ago. She still makes lots of noise, but it's mostly screeching and humming and vowel sounds. She doesn't seem to make many consonant sounds, which worries me a bit. We'll see what Doctor Levin says about that (I think my frame of reference is a bit skewed due to Will.)
  • She is NOT completely weaned, although we are close. I have recently quit nursing her, which was really very easy, but we still have lots of frozen breast milk. She takes bottles of breast milk or formula very well.
  • She is NOT super excited about baby food. She eats pretty well, but it just doesn't seem that she eats even close to as much as Will did. Again, I think Will was likely an outlier.
  • She is NOT crawling, but she is dying to move. She just can't quite get it together. She still does her crazy arm and leg flapping, and I think we are screwed when she figures out coordinated motion.

Despite all of these "nots," she is still the perfect little baby. She loves interacting with us and especially with Will. I love to watch them together and can't wait to see how they are as they grow up.

No comments: