Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Miss Priss

In case anyone was about to accuse me of only posting positive things on my blog, here's this: Julia is driving me crazy! I mean, look at that face...she is TROUBLE, with a capital T. She's in a big hitting phase, one I thought was getting better, but then it reared its ugly head again this morning. I don't mean that she hits Will when they're fighting over a toy, or she's frustrated and can't express herself. That, I could at least understand. But, sometimes, Will will be across the room, minding his own business, and Julia will get up from whatever she's doing (seemingly out of the blue) and walk over to him just to hit him. Really? That is just not okay.

Then, there's the food throwing. Someone is very particular about what she will eat and how much. And, I guess because she doesn't have words to say "all finished," she just throws whatever is on her tray when she's had enough. Or if she's mad. Or if it's not what she wants. Or if you haven't given her her milk fast enough. If you show her food that she doesn't want, she shakes her head vehemently. This pattern continues until you offer the thing that she DOES want (which changes every meal), at which point she will smile and nod her head. Of course, I'm the dummy who keeps giving her these choices, but see the food throwing issue described previously. I really don't know how to get her to eat AND quit this nonsense. I think it's mostly an age thing, because we've tried all tactics we can think of to stop the madness.

Of course, most of the time she is sweet. And she's learning so many new things each day and developing her little personality (stubborn, independent, strong-willed, from what I can tell). We're not going to sell her to the gypsies just yet, but toddlers are supremely frustrating. Good thing she's cute!

No comments: