Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Girlie Thursdays: She Did It!

Remember this post? Well, I certainly haven't been pushing the potty training thing, but rather just trying to be aware if Julia's interested. Many nights before or after bath she wants to sit on the potty, but then she gets up, having done nothing. Tonight was different...

She wanted to sit on the potty before bath, but then quickly got up and got into the bath. When her bath was almost over, though, she started insistently saying "Tee-tee! Tee-tee!" So, I got her out and put her back on the potty...a couple of minutes later, she gets up nonchalantly, like she always does...except this time, she had actually peed in the potty! I couldn't believe it--I got so excited trying to praise her that I scared her instead. But, after she got over being scared, she seemed proud of what she had done. Will was very cute, too, encouraging her and saying "Good job, Julia!"

Again, I have no real expectations that this will lead to anything in the near future--she probably won't do it again for months. And since "they're not allowed to potty train" in the class that Julia's currently in (don't ask--I don't know what that's about), I'm not really going to push it. But, it certainly would be nice if potty training happened sooner rather than later. I wouldn't know what to do with myself with no one in diapers. Guess we'd have to have a third baby, huh, Zach?

No comments: