Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Five Months!

This is what sweet, adorable, five-monthness looks like:



I mean, look at those cheeks! I could just eat them up. My dad jokes that she looks like she is storing up for winter. And then there's the hair...I'm learning to accept that her hair just isn't her best feature, at least not now. You can't see this in the pictures (obviously), but she has a HUGE bald spot on the back of her head because she only likes to sleep and lay on her back. Will thinks it is hilarious and loves to say, "I want to kiss her little bald spot." Again, dad has some helpful suggestions on that...baby Rogaine or some spray-on hair before her baptism.

Lots of things have been happening for Julia in the last month...the spitting up and pooping have subsided (and actually gone the other way, but that's a whole other story), we have weaned her from the Miracle Blanket, which actually went pretty well, and she's growing and learning new things by the minute. She loves to chew on her hands, and she still loves her pacifier. She likes to hold (and chew on) little toys, and she loves batting at the toys on her bouncy and mobile. She can roll from her tummy to her back, when she wants to, but has made NO moves to roll from back to tummy. She's sleeping pretty well, but waking up very early to eat, and also sometimes waking up just to chat in the middle of the night. She's doing well at daycare and is a great napper (a fact that I've been worried to mention, for fear that just speaking of it will jinx us). She's still nursing well, but no solid foods yet--we'll probably start that in the next few weeks. She rarely cries and is just a sweet, content--but very BUSY--baby. She is always moving, particularly her little hands and arms, just like she did while in my belly. I love, love, love this stage of babyhood (although I wish we could get some improvement on the nighttime sleep, for both her and Will).

It's funny how little I remember about the stages and what they should be doing when. In some ways, I feel like I baby her too much ("It can't be time for her to do that yet! She's only five months!"), but in some ways, I expect too much. She's five months...shouldn't she be sitting up? (Um, no.) Do I need to worry that she's not rolling over both ways? (Again, no.) Do I need to move the mattress in her crib and take down her mobile already? (That one is probably a 'yes'.) I thought I'd have it more together with the second and know everything I needed to know, and in some ways, I do. But, she's a different baby than Will, a different person. So, I'm having to re-learn some things and come up with new ways for other things. As usual, we're just figuring it out as we go!

*Yes, I back-dated this post so that it would appear that I posted it on her actual five-month birthday and not four days later.

No comments: