Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WHY?

I never thought one word would make me want to jump off a bridge, but it turns out, if you hear a word 3,000 times a day, it can have that effect on you. In the past few weeks, Will has entered the "why" phase, and it is about to drive everyone around him CRAZY! Things that you wouldn't think deserved a question now suddenly do. And unfortunately, "just because" is not a suitable answer to him. We've heard questions about everything:

"Why is that a car?"

"Why him drinking coffee?"

"Why I can't eat rice with my hands?"

Anything that you say to him is met with a 'WHY?'. Will, go wash your hands. "WHY?" Will, Julia doesn't like that. "WHY?" Will, let's go to the park. "WHY?" And, of course, any answer you give is met with another 'WHY?'. It's a wonder that I haven't run screaming from my house in the past few days.

I know this is the way that he learns, and I love that he is so curious, but really. It's got to stop. I can only come up with straightforward, yet creative, answers for so long. It seems that the way every chain of questions finally ends is "That's the way God made it." or "That's what we have to do right now." As of now, he's still accepting those as legitimate answers. If those stop working, I'll just leave him with Melanie and Bob, who will bore him with scientific explanations for everything. I'm not sure who would crack first.

**Speaking of Melanie...HAPPY BIRTHDAY today to my favorite sister!

No comments: